Friday, February 11, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

This salad: greens, roasted almonds, blue cheese, and tart apple all dressed with my homemade Dijon vinaigrette. I was reminded of this delicious combination at my friend S.'s last weekend and I cannot get enough of it since.
A girl's night in last weekend...bountiful vino and conversation for the ladies and endless fondue and fun for the girlies.
Another deep tissue massage with Auriel this week. This session she took care of my anterior...specifically my shoulders, collar bone and neck. What a difference her work has made for my posture.
Watching Miss Bit during the final stretch at Jazzercize this week. She was dramatically feeling the movements and the music.
My man is the Craig's List king. This week he sold his car!
This quote this week: Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past can be any different (Oprah).
Scoring Louise Erdrich's latest novel at the library this week.
Family date night tomorrow. Plans to go ice skating and then out to the local hibachi grill for dinner.
The look on my T. Bone's and Miss Bit's faces when I served them fresh berry short cake for breakfast yesterday. Surely it's healthier than donuts!
A dark chocolate carmel topped with sea salt and my friend for sharing one with me. It was worth going a whole week without chocolate for the indulgence.
The way Little Red waits on the patio for his breakfast every morning.
The question game during last night's dinner: If you could spend a month on an island with only 2 people, who would you bring? Nanny made Miss Bit's list. Uncle B. Bone made T. Bone's.
Making valentine's with my girl.


Team huddles.


Time outs.


Running plays.


Blinding snow squalls.


Throw downs.


Time together.


Tackles.



Touch downs.

Fires to warm up beside.

Football fans.

Peace, pink, pillow puppies and Packer parties.

A weekend mostly free and clear.

No comments: