Friday, July 3, 2009

Today I am Thankful For...

The men and women who sacrifice so much for us in service of our country for great risk, meager pay and often not enough recognition. I ask myself..."Self, would I want that job? Would I want one of my loved ones to have that job?" I am eternally grateful that there are men and women who are able to answer those questions affirmatively.

A week of vacation. It is always fun to get away, but sometimes a week off at home going nowhere is exactly what I need to relax and recharge my battery.

A family game of mini golf yesterday. It was fun for all ages. Sometimes it's hard to find things we can all enjoy and excel at. Boys and girls often like different things...8 year olds and 4 year olds don't always agree on what constitutes fun, but mini golf pleases every one. Bocce ball also fits that bill.

2 cardio classes this week and a long run, and it's only Friday.

We went car shopping this week. I have resisted the minivan for long enough. The one we test drove was a virtual family room on wheels. It had way more than we need, but I think I'm finally seeing the appeal. We worked with a salesman who was professional and really the antithesis of other car salesmen we have encountered.

A heartfelt letter from an old friend that I have been on the outs with. It meant so much to me that she took the time to reach out to me once more and reminded me that I need not rush to judgement.

Games of backgammon even if I cannot dethrone my hubby, the champ.

Chivalry and citronella. Last night my hubby filled all of our torches with citronalla oil, he lit an Off candle and gave me my own personal mosquito repelling fan. Despite all his efforts, I still managed to get bit at least 3 times!

Our community 4th of July festival and the local car dealers who sponsor an awesome fireworks display.

No comments: