Friday, June 12, 2009

I Give Thanks Today For...




Blooming irises that remind me of the rows and rows of rainbow colored irises that flocked the front walk of the yard I grew up in.

The word clarity and the concept of transparency.

A good night's sleep last night and a dream that shed so much light on a realtionship that ended almost two decades ago. The dream brought me closure and clarity. After writing about it in my personal journal, I felt peace.

Attending a minor league game with T-Bone last night. It was great (albeit chilly) fun to sit in the stands beside my son and listen to him cheer on his friends all while offerring commentary on the game. I know he really enjoyed the time together and the event too.

Today is their last Friday of school!

T-Bone had the game winning catch of last Saturday's game against our arch rivals. He had two home runs on Sunday too!

Our cousins were here visiting from Colorado last weekend. We had so much fun that my cousin's 8 year old wants to move here. Of course he does because he thinks that all we do is hike and golf and go to baseball games and then come home to play more baseball and play Wii and play cards and go out to eat and have parties!

My girl went to a fabulous birthday tea. The girlies got dressed up, had their hair done and nails painted and then had lunch. The birthday girl was given a crown and a bell. Too cute!

Paula Fuga and her ukelele.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YkvA2Vfmvc

Buttermilk cake with fresh raspberries and real whipped cream...for breakfast.

Unexpected phone calls. I heard from two old friends this week.

The idea that one should over prepare for a party and then just go with the flow. It's also a good life motto.

A stack of new reading material thanks to the convenience of using the online county card catalog. I have every thing from Mary Oliver to Cupcakes to Tory Spelling (it's a guilty pleasure), and I'm only half way through New Moon.

No plans this weekend except baseball and church.

No comments: