Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Dad's Day Boys!

And happy First Day of Summer! It felt like it would forever elude us, but not to worry - it's here right on cue. Today is going to be a hot and humid scorcher!

It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks for us as so we are more than ready to transition into the lazier days of a much needed and well deserved summer break. My kids...they are all about summer. They love it all. And really what's not to love except maybe mosquitoes.

Freezies. Yes I did buy a box of 100 last weekend that I am quite sure is half gone less than 7 days later! Flip flops, Crocs and best of all bare naked feet! Sun dresses and flowy skirts for her. She'd change 2 or 3 times each day if I was a real glutton for more laundry punishment. Plaid shorts and Nike shirts that say things like, "Keep swinging my catcher likes the breeze, for him." And he needs to change 2 and 3 times daily because he is 8 and already wearing deodorant! Bike rides and scooter scoots. Asking my daughter if she wants to take a bike ride has the same affect on her as suggesting you take a trip to Disney World. Maybe I'd feel the same if I had a pink bike decorated with pretty flowers and a basket adorned with dragon flies. Yards filled with kids. Girls driving Dora Jeeps to the princess bounce house through the boys’ baseball game. Squirt guns filled with freezing water and then just the good old hose when they squirt dry! Kick ball and sidewalk chalk. Hide and seek and hoops. Swimming. Sunshine. Late to bed and later to rise.

It's good to remind myself to slow down and see summer through their eyes.

Today is going to be a day of baseball, bbqs and the best of all...being together.

No comments: