Friday, June 19, 2009

Grateful Friday


Cats who are more like dogs.
Catching Earth Wind and Fire today on a morning show. They always remind me of my Mom because she was born on the 21st day of September and she loved them. That is just the song they were singing...do you remember - the 21st day of September? Yes, I remember.
It is finally, officially summer vacation! I now have a third grader and a kindergartner, but not until fall. I think my daughter has the K5 teacher I was hoping for. They are all just fine, but I wanted one in particular because she was my teacher in graduate school a few years ago and I happen to think she is great.
T Bone is at Camp Grandpa. This is tradition for the first few days of summer and I truly am not sure who it excites more...my Dad or my son.
Build it and they will come...the boys of summer are back playing on our back yard baseball diamond. T Bone had 2 friends come home on the bus with him the other day to play baseball and they were joined by 3 friends from the neighborhood.
Rainbow glitter flip flops from the Gap. My girl had to have them. When I told her she could have two pairs (because they were 2 for $12), I think I secured my position as her favorite person in THE whole world at least for this week.
She hasn't broken an ankle yet!
Fresh berry muffins and spinach quiche.
Defying Gravity on my way to work this morning. Wicked is coming to town next summer.
After baseball tomorrow we will head to my in-laws for a bbq/pool party. It is supposed to be hot and humid.
After baseball Sunday, my family will come over for a Father's Day celebration. I'm really excited about the gifts we have for my hubby, my Dad and my brother. He gets one too cuz' he's a godfather.
My hubby's improv bedtime stories about Riley and Emma's secret fort in the mysterious, magical forest. They captivate our 4 year old and rather impress me as well.
Summer camp starts Monday.

No comments: