Thursday, May 21, 2009

More Moments

Yesterday was filled with many moments...yes, aren't they all? But yesterday...I slowed down long enough to savor them, and it was well worth it.

I headed to the gym in the morning in lieu of another run. I was listening to my body. I craved a cardio class: the loud music, the energy of the group, the mindless motions. It felt good, and it was just what I needed.

It was another beautiful almost summer day. I opened all the windows to let the warm breeze breathe life into my house. The scent of my blooming lilacs filled the air. I went out and cut enough to fill several vases to place throughout the house so I could enjoy them long after the windows had to be closed.

I had a scoop of capaccino almond fudge for lunch and a play date at the park with my girl for dessert. We had the park to all to ourselves for most of the time. Her cheeks got red as apples as she climbed until her heart was content.

When the older kids and a few friends came home from school, we picked teams for a kickball game. It was the boys against the girls until my hubby came home early. He sent me to play with the boys who were, surprisingly, happy to have me. Apparently, I am much better at kickball as an adult than I was as a child! My hubby joined the girls. We won, but fun was had by all.

We all, the young and the old, polished off a pitcher of iced tea, my summer favorite (and their's too, apparently).

While playing catch with T Bone (my 8 year old coach), some of my throws actually impressed him. My hubby even says that I am throwing less and less like the girl that I am. That is totally a compliment!

With arms now as sore as my legs, it was time to sit down on the patio to enjoy the gloaming...my favorite time of day with my hubby and a glass of wine, my best drink for that time of day.

Roasted peppers and fresh shucked corn for quesadillas...a simple, yet delicious meal.

I was on the fence over the two finalists once Danny was voted off on AI. So much so that I was surprised by how happy I was that Chris won. I love me his humble heart! His voice ain't too bad either.

A much needed shower before bed. Rosemary mint shampoo. Peppermint sugar scrub for my lips.

A chapter of twilight before bed.

No comments: