Friday, May 29, 2009

Grateful Friday


A special family friend had the 60 roses (in 6 vibrant shades, 1 for each decade of her colorful life) we gave my Mom for her sixtieth birthday perfectly preserved in a clear box...a "box of love." They are every bit as breathtaking now as when they were alive...just like my Mom.


Spontaneity...family Night in the middle of the week just because. An impromptu date for pizza and Night at the Museum II is quality time together.

T. Bone's eyes...soulful blue eyes with a hint of mischief...that I can see once again. He asked for, and got a haircut last week just like I knew he would once the temps started rising.

My girly girl... so excited to wear her very first "big" pony tail (all pulled into one in the back). So what if we needed numerous barrettes to tame the wispies.

My home run hitter...1st home run of the season for the team and without errors. We celebrated the milestone in style at Halfaer field.

My version of 7 layer salad topped with a homemade, made-up, light version of a sour cream buttermilk dressing instead of heavy, gloppy mayo.

The Unofficial Guide to Disney. It's official that we are going this fall and we have plenty of time before our trip to learn the dos and don'ts once again. This time the kids will be at a perfect age to really make the most of the experience.

Family vacations...past and future.

Kickball in the back yard...a game we can all play.

Calling in sick for my volunteer work this week. It was difficult for me to do...I don't like to cancel on commitments, but I didn't want to get the kids sick either.

Simplicity.

Flexibility as in going with the flow in life.

My Dad has successfully quit smoking. after more than 40 years!

Looks like we're Bermuda bound for my brother's wedding. I just don't know when. details...details.

Shredded wheat topped with a handful of granola and a fist full of blueberries for breakfast.

Looking at pics. with my girl the other day. She was admiring all of the cute clothes she has since out grown, and so was I. We went through her closet and pulled out the dresses that had become micro minnies over the long winter. We put them in a pile to share with others. She balled at the thought of never wearing one in particular again. She begged, "Can't we just keep it someplace safe so I can still see it?" That is exactly how I feel when something no longer fits.

My hubby's bbq ribs served with a side of my buttermilk mashed potatoes...a meal we look forward to having lots of leftovers of.

Dinner at my Dad's sans kids this past weekend. They were missed, but it was nice to have some adult time sans interruptions.

OJ, our resident red fox, is back and the squirrels are going, going...gone.

It may not have been summery this last weekend, but the kids got plenty of swim time at my in- laws thanks to the pool heater.

Time with cousins.

7 degrees of separation.

My brother bought all the ladies flowers and lottery tickets. He is a true gentleman.

I finished Twilight last night. It know it was entertaining because I got through the 400+ pages in a week, but I didn't find the writing very compelling. I won't be joining the coven of Stephanie Meyer aficionados. I will, however, read New Moon because escape is just what I am seeking right now. Adam Lambert is Edward in my mind pictures.

A family bike ride through the neighborhood last night after dinner, and then a game of Rummy with T. Bone before bed.

My girl was pouty when she found out her friend couldn't play yesterday. She said she had the "swan" flu to which my boy said, "You mean H1N1!?" That exchange sums up their personalities to a tee.

It's the weekend. I was back on track the last two days, but now I am ready to derail again.

No comments: