Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday This...Thursday That

Our hometown boy, Danny, is still going strong on AI! I’ll be happy if he wins because then I know for sure that the reunion tour will come to our town. Last year they passed us up. I was sad to see Matt sent home last night. I really like him, and Funny Valentine is one of my best songs ever. I was hoping Allison was voted off, because she’s young and a bit annoying. Nough said. The thing is that every one in the top 5 has talent this season. I would buy an album any of them put out except maybe Allison’s, but I would burn it if someone else bought it. Nough said.

I am thankful, finally, for some answers on Lost. I was getting discouraged because each new episode was causing me even more confusion...there was no clarity. I considered (albeit just for a moment) giving up because I was well…Lost. Nough said.

We have been trampoline shopping. We always said. “No trampoline! Not ever! End of discussion!” My friend who is an ER doc said that it is the #1 culprit that sends kids to his hell hole. Nough said. Then I changed my mind because my kids are getting older and ever so much more responsible...really! Now that I have convinced my hubby to change his mind too, I changed my mind back. This is supposed to be his 1st communion gift. Not appropriate you say? Well, what if we tell him every time he gets on it; he has to say a prayer ... a prayer that he doesn’t end up in the ER!?!? How many bibles and prayer books can a boy receive? Nough said.

So 1st communion is coming up this weekend, but my son is more excited for his first little league game of the season tomorrow, and not at all happy that he has to miss his game Sunday (or let me tame his fierce mane with a little gel and put a leash...I mean, a tie around his neck) because of said once in a lifetime sacrament. His coach called last night and actually was questioning if it was HIS 1st communion and when the service was as if he could receive the body and blood of Christ and then make it in time for the 7th inning stretch (there are only 6 innings in little league). I think we are taking little league a bit too seriously. T Bone is way serious too, though. Last summer he passed up a trip to Colorado because he would have missed the start of his tourney. His exact words spoken with candid sincerity were, “Mom, my team needs me.” They did go on to win the championship and he did make the All Star team so he has a bit of a reputation to live up to. Nough said.

I am freaking out just a little because in addition to the recent news that my one and only brother will be getting married next spring in either South Carolina, Bermuda or London, I have also just found out that 2 of my 5 cousins (note small family) are also getting married within the next year. One is planning a wedding in the middle of prime ski season in affordable Vail, and the other is planning to wed in Cape Cod in you guessed it…the height and heat of the summer when all of New England flocks to the shore! Oh wait…it gets even better. You see we have also promised our kids a trip to Disney this fall. While we will have to finally find that elusive money tree hiding in our backyard, I wouldn't dream of missing any one of these joyous occasions for these special people in my life. Experiences are worth much more than money! Nough said!

No comments: