Tuesday, September 13, 2022

weekending

 

Our first weekend sans kids was a good one. While we miss them, we still have and very much like each other. It's a little silly because it's often just the two of us...the kids are busy, out and about...but it feels different. And after the gearing up for sending them both off prepared, there is relief. Fewer nerves and to dos and we're being kinder to one another. It's nice.

We motivated for a walk first thing on a sunny Saturday morning. Well, it was more like late morning because we slept in. Then we detailed, washed and waxed all three cars, which meant our workout continued for a couple hours. Mike watched the Badgers lose with Pete and I ran some errands before we met back at home for a quiet night in. We thought about going out, we tried to rally, but we were too content to stay home. I am an unapologetic homebody these days. We ordered Chinese and settled in for a double header. It was perfect.

Sunday I wanted to get up early, but it was a chilly and gloomy day. I think I could have stayed in bed all day. How I love a rainy Sunday! After a string of errands, I baked a cake and made my new favorite salad to bring to a family gathering at my in-laws. I also love Sunday kitchen inspiration and people to share my creations with. It is definitely an adjustment cooking for just the two of us. Shopping too. I was surprised by the charges I paid for a half empty cart of nothing fancy or special...$150 for the basics. Thanks Joe.

The kids both had good weekends going to the game and out with friends. We'll see them Sunday for my Dad's 75th b-day celebration. I may be counting down the days and I may have to bring Gus.

 


No comments: