Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wednesday

 

This morning the snow is falling, the geese are flying and I'm cozy warm in my wool and my sherpa slippers. Yes, I can wear my slippers at work. I took the long way and took my time getting to work on the snowy streets not because they were slippery, but because I was enjoying the scenery. I have always been a winter person. I'm also a summer and a fall person. Spring is for the birds.

I came home from work with a bad mood yesterday. The headache that was the last two years is carrying on into 2022...at least in my industry and I suspect yours too. And it's not just supply chain driven. I find that people have gotten cavalier on one hand. I hear a lot of that's just the way it is. While it's true, we've had to adapt, pivot, make do, it's not an excuse for poor service, laziness, complacency. The vibe is that we are powerless or maybe just fat and happy and unable, unwilling to be a part of the solution to maximize the new normal. We're such good little lemmings towing the line. So cavalier on one hand and helpless on the other.

Never mind. I didn't come here to bitch about work. I just wanted to come here and write. I was grateful my guy poured me a glass of wine and sat by the Christmas tree with me while I decompressed. I am going to miss this skinny little fir, if and when, I do take it down. Luckily, I get to keep the guy.

Last night I had a dream about Amy. She was in town to visit me for the weekend, but I didn't know about it until I saw her at a family gathering. Like my whole family...living and dead. I felt like the worst friend to have wasted precious time with her. It was all heartbreaking.

I think it's the reason why I sent a happy birthday message this morning to a friend I have been estranged from. I haven't seen or talked to her since her birthday last year. The friendship was feeling very one-sided. My feelings were bruised. I stopped reaching out and that was that. It's taken me 365 days and a dream about an angel friend to get beyond my feelings. My, my, my. Me me me. I don't expect a response, but if I get one, that will be nice.


No comments: