Friday, January 28, 2022

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Bringing back this weekly gratitude post. I have missed it.

A good morning. I started off with this stack because I just finished Apples Never Fall, which was light and entertaining. From Top to bottom: a gift from my bil, because I saw and very much liked the movie, a gift from my son, a gift to myself, and a gift from my mil.

Then I ran errands: a trip to the jeweler I've been putting off, Trader Joe, Target, Total Wine and the library. Now I don't have to leave the house until Sunday. Have to being the operative words.

The Dark Chocolate Valentine Heart cookies from Trader Joe's, Target had the wet food the kittens like, Total Wine has everything (it was my first visit) and the library is my happy place.

Sumo oranges even though they are $$$$.

A successful surgery for my frister. This weekend I will be busy making her some meals to ease her recovery, which so far is going quite well.

Lily started her new job this week and she's really loving it. Now she has crazy co-worker stories.

She's also enjoying working out at the club after work. Last night she was in the company of 5 girlfriends.

She will hear from Madison any day. 

Ted wants to write a book together.

It warmed up enough yesterday for a midday walk with my guy.

Tickets for Mean Girls this weekend. We bundled up last weekend, drove downtown, paid for parking and then realized we were a week early. Better than a week late. We had a good laugh.

Casseroles. They never much appealed to me because most of them are big on condensed soups, but I've been dabbling in some updated recipes and they have not disappointed. Chrissy Teigen's Sourdough Jack Hamburger Helper was surprisingly delicious. Next week I'm making Damarris's Tuna Casserole from The Beat Bobby Flay cookbook Lils gave me for Christmas.

And these breakfast baguettes that were Ted's last meal. He called them ridiculous.

Clean sheets and my guy for offering to put them on solo while I caught up on a show. 

We blew straight through Ozark. We have no willpower where the Byrdes are concerned.

I started Maid and I'm hooked. Alex's character is impossible not to root for.

Girls Night In. Mike went out to watch the Badger game last night but sweet Hazel kept me company.



 This gang.



 


No comments: