Sunday, January 9, 2022

Sunday Sunday

It's Sunday morning. Actually afternoon. Pete and Sue came for dinner last night and it was a late one. After our lasagna feast, I poured limoncello and made Grasshoppers for dessert. Those boozy drinks brought back childhood memories and while we reminisced a little, we toasted the new year and vowed to take another trip to Mexico. Maybe not this year, but next.

The guys are channel changing between basketball, golf and football. Ted is convalescing after Thursdays extraction of his wisdom teeth. Yes, we got one of those post-sedation videos. Right now he's still in a lot of pain, but he'll laugh at it some day. He's eating malts, mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs. Last night I made panna cotta because I cannot feed him that awful pudding in a cup. I secretly love being able to take care of him...baby him. I think he likes that too.

There are many things I could and should do today, but I'm not going to. Instead, I plan to curl up with my stack of books and a cat or two or three. I promised Ted a batch of extra creamy mac & cheese for dinner. I'll finish the bottle of wine Sue and I opened last night because there'll be no weekday wine in the foreseeable future. I'll see if Candace wants to come over and help me. I'm pretty sure we'll cue up a movie after dark. And I'm certain I'll sleep well tonight.



 

No comments: