Thursday, May 27, 2021

This and That

It feels like Friday. I'm grateful that Alan decided to close the office tomorrow. Now it is Friday. A long Memorial Day weekend is on the horizon. So is summer, but it feels more like winter today. I went to Lil's soft ball game last night in capris, a linen shirt and flip flops. The temperature dropped from near 80 to just above 50 degrees in the 2 1/2 hours I sat in the bleachers. It was a good game despite the loss of feeling in my limbs and my chattering teeth.

When I got home, Ted and Stef were watching basketball and playing with cats. Ted inquired what was for dinner. It was 9 o'clock btw, but feeding hungry boys is such a joy that I made a pan of chicken parm and a pot of pasta. They were happy, grateful, satisfied. 

The guys left for a poker match. Lils turned in for the night and I retreated to the family room with the kit kats. It was snuggle time - a favorite for all. Room on my lap is running out, but the three still fit. Ted came home to relieve me and I went to bed to read. I'm well into Jaouad's Between Two Kingdoms and I'm beyond happy to be reading again.


Mike is up at the cabin for a few days of Northwood's respite. It will be life as usual at Casa Wags the next stretch of days, but I'm looking forward to an extra long weekend kicking off tonight with wine with Sue.

No comments: