Thursday, May 13, 2021

Little Things

The Kit Kats have been gone for the last 24 hours. The house feels empty. They had to go back to their foster home and then to the vet for 8 week check ups. I asked Ted to take them by 4 o'clock yesterday. He delivered them at 4 on the dot only because he didn't want to see them go.

When I got home from work, I went around picking up cat toys. I lost count at 25. Then I ran the vacuum without worrying about traumatizing anyone. And then I didn't know what to do with myself in the tidy, quiet house all to my own so I had no excuse to forgo my workout. Turns out I needed a good sweat.

Lil's came home from practice famished. She requested dinner before dark and then she got to work making it for all of us. The kids have been more helpful this week and I appreciate it beyond measure. Unloading the dishwasher, gassing up a car, running an errand...it's one of my love languages. Ted came home from his workout and Mike arrived home from his business trip, but the full house still felt a bit empty. Hopefully, the Three Amigos return tonight.

I slept like a log last night so I woke up feeling refreshed. It's a sunshiney day and on the warm side and it's my Friday. I decided to wear my cute new camo Birkenstocks, which were a generous Mom's Day gift from my girl and I am wearing a new old scent that my hubby gave me. Caylx was one of my scents decades ago. It's adding to my happiness today.

It's the little things...cute kitties, a good night's sleep, an act of kindness, a nice day, a grateful heart.


 

No comments: