Friday, September 29, 2023

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

My mom. We said goodbye to my her 15 years ago yesterday. It was my waking thought and also my last, but for most of the day I was focused on other things. Missing her has become part of the fabric of my daily life.

Last week was her birthday and the owls were making noise all night. It's one of the handful of times I've heard them this summer.

Ted is coming home today. I haven't talked to him all week. Between teaching and learning and life, he's quite busy. I know he's going to be full of stories. He loves to tell them too. I love to hear them.

I finally made it to the farmer market last week. I haven't been cooking much this summer so I haven't been making my weekly stop, and I still need to use up the fresh produce I got, but I will. And I will try and go weekly until the end of the season.

I stopped at the apple farm today to pick up a couple pecks. I didn't pick my own because Lily, my picking partner, is away at school. 

The 10 day forecast is summery for sure. I'll take as many flip flop days as I can.


When it does cool down, I found the most delicious orange sweater for the fall. I used to wear lots of orange. Lots of color really. Pinks and greens especially. I'm working on incorporating color again in my life.

 


 My digital frame. It was a birthday gift from my thoughtful guy. It brings me so much happiness to see the random images...memories appear. I'm especially drawn to the pictures of Finn right now.

Taking so many pictures. They're all I have left of him now. This is the last one.

My Polaroid. I brought it on our lake vacation and took random candids throughout the week. By week's end, there was a happy collage of all of our fun on display on the refrigerator. I let everyone take their faves and then I brought them home and made another collage on my chalk board. It's still making me smile a month later.

 

Finally uploading all my pictures from the last couple months. I feel relief because there were hundreds of them.

A terrible family selfie after a lovely family dinner.

Hazel and Gus are keeping an eye on each other and staying close. They are also keeping an eye on us.




My cousin is coming to town next week. I'm looking forward to seeing her after too long.

I'll be able to see Jimmy Fallon when I go to NY next month now that the strike is over. I'm also deciding between Gutenberg and I Need That, or both. I'll be there for work, but I have my priorities.


No comments: