Friday, September 22, 2023

The Other Shoe: RIP Finnegan McGoo

I woke today with a heavy heart and it's only become more of a burden. I thought I would find relief, but instead I have nothing but grief. Our lovable Finn was very sick and we had to say goodbye. It was an impossible goodbye. Sudden and shocking and sad beyond sad. Our bright eyed boy was only 2 1/2 and really still a precocious kitten. What we'd been treating as a virus, was an aggressive cancer for which there was no cure. We did what we had to do broken-hearted. 

I want to say it's not fair and to ask why, but there are no answers that would satisfy me. I saw myself growing old with the Tres Amigos. Hazel and Gus don't know they are the Dos Amigos now. It doesn't have the same ring to it and yet I don't know what I'd do without them.

That shoe I was waiting to drop, felt like a bomb when it fell. 

I'll be back when I recover.


 

No comments: