Monday, April 3, 2023

weekending

 

Driving to work today, I got a tad nostalgic. I was listening to Eric Church sing about being 17 and melodies being memories. There are a gazillion auditory triggers. The tune struck a nerve. Mike and I decided to get tickets to see him in June. We are getting good at being spontaneous. It'll be just the two of us, but we know plenty of people going. And the truth is...he's my favorite co-concert goer so none of that matters.

I woke up in the middle of the night drenched. Juries out on whether it was a hot flash or time to pack away the flannels. Another possibility is the dream I was having. I'm in college, but I haven't gone to any classes and I don't even know where they are. It's the end of the semester too. That is actually a nightmare.

We had a good weekend that felt long enough. We pruned and purged by day and then had a little fun by night. It felt amazing to get into the yard even though my hands are a mess now. I threw away all my old gardening gloves in haste and had to go commando. I also spent some time in my kitchen and was able to deliver homemade meals to some people who need a little comfort right now.

It was nice to have plans to meet friends on Saturday after being so productive around the house. We enjoyed small plates and large pours. Time together the most. Sunday we slept in and made a nice breakfast before getting back at it. I don't often eat breakfast so when I do, it's a treat. Last night it was steaks and Succession

These low key weekends with just the two of us remind me how much I like being with my husband. I miss the kids, but I feel that we are still very much connected: the two of us, the four of us. The seven of us if you count the kits kats, and of course, I do.


 





No comments: