Friday, April 21, 2023

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A quiet weekend in the purview. The last few weekends have been full and the next couple will be too so it's nice to have some down time.

Don't get me wrong...I like full. It made me very grateful to be able to host Lily and friends for a Mexican fiesta last Friday. They enjoyed a home cooked meal and I enjoyed getting to know them better.



Ted made it back to the city very early Sunday morning. It wasn't easy. He took the train from O'Hare, but had to get off in some random spot because the tracks were blocked. There were buses that took him a little further into the city, but the driver abruptly said, The bus stops here. He called an Uber and arrived safely. I'm pretty sure the situation was due to the rioting in Chicago that night. I worry about him more in Chicago than I did when he was in London or Portugal half a world away.

Sayonara Chicago. We move out next week just in time for what I sadly believe is going to be a very bad summer in the city.

Young love. New love. Ted's in love. In love with Meryl and the wide world. He made a video of their trip that had me all teary. They have had quite the courtship and are a sweet couple. I'm beyond happy for them.
 

Familia on Sunday. My brother and sister-in-law suggested they bring dinner. It was impromptu, but I had the ingredients for a salad, and ramekins of tapioca and pots de creme for dessert. They brought Stefanos' pasta and Il Ritrovo's pizzas, and it was a fun, delicious feast.

Pfaffing. Refreshing. Shopping my house. Sometimes just moving things around feels better than buying something new.


Cleaning out the refrig this week. I found two soon to be sad zucchini so I made a pot of Smitten Kitchen's Zucchini Butter Pasta. It was as good as I remembered it. Next week it's the freezer. I have a very short grocery list.
 
Spring cleaning. Tomorrow I will tackle all my closets and aim to reduce my wardrobe by a third.

Spring blooms. The magnolias and the daffodils are popping. Everything is greening up and the air is sweet. We have a leg up on our spring clean up...the yard is looking good.

Catching up on journals.

Knowledge. The more I learn, the more I want to know.
 
Lily killed her calculus exam. It's her hardest course, but she's sticking with it and working hard.
 
Grandma and Grandpa are coming to Madison to take her to brunch on Sunday.

No comments: