Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sunday Snippet

 

We have a full house and I'm the first one up by design. I set my alarm and only hit snooze twice. These are my favorites: everyone home and quiet mornings. Although with Hazel in the house, it's rarely quiet. Sister has lots to say all day and all night. I propped open the patio door even though it's cooler today. I like the fresh air and the bird banter as much as they do.

When the house wakes, I'll make breakfast. It may be awhile. The girls were out late dancing at Morgan Wallen and Teddy is jet lagged from a full day of travel: Lisbon to London to DC to Chicago. It was a real life planes, trains and automobiles situation. Yesterday he was still running on adrenaline after seven days in Portugal. He was full of stories and I was right: he's dreaming and scheming to move there for a year one day.


I'm looking forward to a chill family day today. Tomorrow Ted and Lily go back to Madison for the final few weeks of the semester. After what transpired in Chicago this weekend, I am even more grateful that they are both back in Badger territory. 


 


No comments: