Saturday, February 27, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Freedom. I am out of QT. Not that there are all that many places to go right now, but I am no longer home bound.


I showered today and got dressed in real clothes. I put on perfume and a little make-up and I almost didn't recognize myself.

I'm feeling better too, but still not 100 percent. I'm grateful for a quiet weekend to continue to rest and recover. It's the perfect excuse to commit to this stack. I started When We Believed in Mermaids this week because I was in the mood for some easy fiction. Then I'll breeze through Gillies second memoir and take my time with Massie's narrative fiction. I don't expect to get through all three this weekend though.

 I have a date with Sue next week to go consignment shopping and then have wine.

Goodies from the Oostburg bakery. My brother and sil dropped off a QT booster. Lily had donuts for dinner one night this week and we were all good with that.

 
Another night I made this old favorite adapted from a recipe my mil gave me when Mike and I first got married. It's a chicken tortilla casserole and it is dang good. Lily even said so and she's hard to please these days.



Then I made Sunday sauce on Wednesday because I could. Also pictured here is my immersion blender which I could not live without.

Cooking with Lily. I love spending time in the kitchen with my best girl.

She has her confirmation retreat tomorrow. It's an all day Zoom. That's a bit of a bummer, but I know that she has a stack of letters from family and friends that she gets to open and she will feel the love. We had to print off T's. I read it accidentally. I was a puddle. It was everything a mother wants to hear her children say to each other.

And Ted is in the part of the semester known as the grind. He's studying hard...a serious student and I am proud of his commitment.

No comments: