Friday, May 10, 2019

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Walks through the park. I didn't bundle up and pound the pavement the way I usually do all winter long. I missed logging miles. I've been back at it.

Fresh air. Blooms. Being alive.


One day a little bluebird followed me from tree to tree to sign along the parkway. The sign on the sign was what I needed. Bluebirds remind me of my mom and I always feel her near when they appear. I've long ago given up on getting a picture because they are elusive and that adds to their specialness, but this guy hung around so long that I finally relented.


This line from 300 Arguments: "Difficulty becomes familiar, at least, if no less difficult."
To this, sadly, I can attest.


And this one too: "When the worst comes to pass, the first feeling is relief."


Linda brought me the most beautiful chocolate covered strawberries for Mother's Day. She's not my daughter. She's my boss. She's also generous and thoughtful. These strawberries, that tasted like sunshine and perfection, were purchased recently at Trader Joe's. I'm not a passionate strawberry connoisseur unless the fruit is covered in chocolate, but these were an exception.


His last game. So bittersweet. The sweet is that he didn't play last year and I didn't know that when I watched the last game of that season so I thought there would be more. There were more. The bitter is that now there are not. Thankful for these pictures.


  



We still get to sit in the stands to cheer Lily on.


Teddy won his golf meet today. He's on a winning streak! First in conference. I'm a proud mom.



Peanut seems to have stabilized and we're so grateful for that. My baby with her baby.





This guy is just as lovable.


And cute.


Comrades. They have each other.


Backgammon and Scrabble with my guy. He's always up for a match.





Death by Chocolate cupcakes for lunch the other day. We were having the kind of day where only chocolate would keep us going. And a midday cup of coffee. It worked.


Blistered Shishito peppers. I've been wanting to try them. I picked them up at Trader Joe's. They were interesting. Even my pepper fanatic of a husband was lukewarm on them. Not enough heat. I may keep experimenting.


This sneaky cat. He probably would eat these sweet potatoes.


And this one too. He finally got over his fear of the tunnel.



Yellow jeans. They're my new favorite.

New Birkenstock's too.

A pedicure appointment on the calendar. It is long overdue.

A quiet weekend. A movie tonight. It's going to be perfect for a long walk with Candace tomorrow. I picked up some things for the grill for whenever, whomever. Sunday we'll have a family day. Church, a nice breakfast, a lazy day. I have to start this month's book club selection.

No comments: