Saturday, October 14, 2017

Saturday State of Mind

My alarm woke me up before dawn this morning. Yes, I set my alarm on a Saturday. Both kids had early morning plans. Teddy has his last cross country meet today so I wanted to make him a good before race breakfast. It's a perfectly gloomy day. Right now it's only raining leaves, but it's supposed to be a soaker. I feel a tad guilty for not attending to cheer him on, but it rained all night so it'll more than likely be a mudder. Lily left with her umbrella to explore Bay View with a friend. She's a proudly self-proclaimed city girl now.


I have my heart set on keeping dry in my house and watching the rain from my cozy perch with my coffee, my book and my cats. Grover Washington Jr. is setting the mood. He's one of my favorite rainy day artists. Right now I'm channeling my Grandpa Vic. When his heart was particularly full he would ask anyone and everyone, And I should complain?

Last week at this time we were on our way from Brooklyn to the Upper West Side on a summer-like day. It was a jam packed twelve hours of sight seeing and theater going, and it was good and exhausting. We were fully immersed in the New York State of Mind, and loving it.




This weekend came at just the right time, and the tone and tenor are exactly what I'm craving: peace, comfort and contentment. It's natural to want to nest after a trip and especially after visiting such a frenetic, crowded place, and that is where I'm at. Zero complaints here. 

No comments: