Friday, October 13, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A fantastic girl's trip with Lily. We traveled well together and made so many memories. She loved NYC, and I loved being a part of her first experience in this vibrant, pulsing, larger than life place. I have hundreds of pictures, dozens of stories, and a post about our mother and daughter adventure coming soon.


Coming home. Coming home to all my boys and my house and my city. That's always a nugget I bring home when I travel: a renewed appreciation for where and how I live.


Fall. It's been a perfectly cool and cloudy week. I'm sort of giddy about the slight chill in the air.


Rainy nights.

Comfort food. I made a batch of my marinara sauce this week and served it with Italians roasted with onions and peppers, ravioli and spaghetti squash. It's so easy and so much better than most anything you'll get out of a jar. There were no leftovers. Jess joined us for dinner at the last minute and we caught up on all the drama in both our lives over good food and wine.


My ankle/foot is feeling about 95 percent. I can actually see exercise in the very near future. That is like winning the lottery! I walked more than a marathon during our 5 days in the city, and the only thing that bothered me were the blisters from new shoes.

A dinner invitation tomorrow night.

Book club Sunday morning. It's our inaugural meeting. The book is The Glass Castle, which I read years ago. I picked it up last night and it was familiar...fast. I think it will lend itself well to discussion. I'm excited to finally be in a book club again and with such a great group of readers.


A quiet night tonight. Teddy's home from his spaghetti dinner, Lily's home from hanging out with her girlfriends, Mike's watching a movie, I'm reading and the boys are following me around...stealing my spots...still not convinced I'm here to stay.




No comments: