Friday, October 20, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

I finally went through the hundreds of photos I took in NYC. It was already a trip down memory lane and it's only been 2 weeks. I'm ready to write a post about our girl's trip hopefully this weekend.




















22 years of marriage on the 21st...tomorrow. Mike has been in Florida all week so we'll celebrate when he returns. There's no one else I'd want to do life with.

Teddy's conferences yesterday afternoon. I made him come with me this year. He usually doesn't, but I think it was good for him this year. Every one of his teachers gushed about him, but a couple actually challenged him to do more: take the AP History exam even though he's not taking that class, minor in chemistry, spend a semester abroad. On the way home, I thanked him for making conferences something to look forward to not dread.


He's off today. He was up at 6 a.m. and out the door shortly thereafter for a day of golf with grandpa. A beautiful day of 36 holes with grandpa. It's funny how he gets himself up for anything, but work or school. These pix are from Homecoming which he went to while I was in NYC.


Lily is on the middle school basketball team. Lily who has never played basketball in her life and I admire her willingness to try something new even if she's not that particularly good at it...yet. She's coordinated and fast and she did win the free throw contest last year.

Book club. Our December book will be  All These Wonders and I hope the girls love this collection from Moth story slams because I do and I want to be 2 for 2. I think it'll be perfect for the busy month of December. I've read about a third of the stories and I haven't been disappointed by one yet.


I started listening to Will Scwalbe's Books For Living this week. It's the perfect commute book. I'm starting a list of my own and it's sort of eye opening and enlightening.

This John Ruskin quote: When I have been unhappy, I have heard an opera from end to end and it seemed the shrieking of winds; when I am happy, a sparrow's chirp is delicious to me...it is not the chirp...but I that makes it sweet.

I took a long walk this week in a new pair of shoes and had zero pain. 

Stocking up at the farmer's market this week: snap peas, green beans and a rainbow of peppers and onions. We also came home with the sweetest cabbage bouquet no matter that it's still summer here. I cannot believe next week is the last market for this harvest season.


Soup and bread. It's one of my favorite fall dinners. It's so easy and comforting. This week a made a simple veggie pasta number and it wasn't a fam favorite, but it's quite good.


Making lemonade out of lemons. Honestly, it's not at all my nature, but I've been successful in doing so on numerous recent occasions. Dare I even say that I've seen the silver lining? It's sparked some important, meaningful conversations between myself and Lil.

The windows are open and a beautiful weekend stretches out before me. Jess is on her way over for happy hour. I'm feeling happy and blessed and chill.

October even if it feels more like August.


No comments: