Friday, September 8, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...


We survived the first week of school. Ted forgot his computer the first day and has yet to get supplies, and Lily is chomping at the bit to fill her closet with fall clothes, but they managed. I think by the end of next week we'll be fully immersed in 8th and 11th grades.

Last year of middle school.

Upper classman.

We had a great last weekend of summer vacation. We went to a Badger party one night, invited friends over the next and celebrated my birthday with my Dad and step-mom the last. Ted picked the menu: ribs, potatoes and corn. It was delicious and fun and ended in us singing music from Cats and Christmas carols.

Saturday night dinner with friends: grilled flank steak, roasted mushrooms topped with herby toasted breadcrumbs, pasta aglio olio and proscuitto wrapped asparagus, not pictured. Also not pictured: homemade vanilla bean ice cream topped with dark chocolate sauce and pecans.

Guys.

 Ted enjoys some target practice.

 The big boys play a few games of crib before dinner.

Lily patiently waits for Catman to come around. 

 How many grills does it take to make dinner?

Sous Chef or taste tester?

The definition of tender: fall off the bone.

 Birthday wine.

My dad was really touched when I gave him my Grandma Rose's pitcher filled with roses. He's a guy and the things he took from the house are likely in his shed. He appreciated this keepsake.


 I survived back to work after vacation and jury duty. I was randomly picked as the alternate juror after 5 days of testimony so I never even got to talk about the trial. That's a major letdown. By game time though I was over it because who knows how late into Friday night they deliberated. There were 19 counts. The Federal court and jury selection processes were interesting. I cannot tell you how many people tried to counsel me as to how to avoid serving. I was happy to and rather fascinated by the psychology of it all.

Our trip to NYC is coming together. We have put together an itinerary for our days and nights there and getting very excited for our visit.

A perch.


Fresh flowers in fall colors. 



My Sunday morning spot.


A box of spices for my birthday.


My uncle's surgery went well.

Grandma Judy is on the mend.

No comments: