Friday, August 13, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The ice cream man (despite the fact that every freezer burned treat costs $2.50).


Dessert before dinner.

Peanut's idea of being a part of the action...keeping an eye from a safe distance. In his defense, there were 5 kids in the house and 8 in the yard!


Friends...tweens...twins.

Taking my daughter to see her first musical last weekend.


Wicked. I got the chills when Elphaba defied gravity and my tears were flowing during For Good.
Mah Jong.
24 hour play dates. Miss Bit went to swim at her friend G.'s and then they came to our house to play for a few hours and have dinner before going back to G.'s house to spend the night and swim in the morning.
My hubby is now on board with the 2 year Disney plan. He confessed this week that Disney was THE best vacation and that 4 years will be too long to wait to go again.
My hubby brought me flowers just because this week.
Birthday celebrations that last all week. Miss Bit's 6th birthday luau is tomorrow in our back yard. Yikes!
Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunt Jess for coming to help contain the chaos that is sure to be caused by 17 kids.
Playful kids and kitties. T. Bone and Miss Bit giving little Geno "social work."
Photo sessions with Miss Bit.


Tigger's idea of being in on the action...being right in the thick of things. He's taking a turn pretending to be Tony Hawk!

(And here he is watching hubby and I play- I mean watching me backgammon my hubby.)

Scarfs. It may be in the 90s, but this girl has a new found obsession with scarves!




T. Bone made his own (frozen) waffles the other morning and then wanted me to take a picture of them for my blog. Ta da! He also learned how to make a frozen pizza. I think he's about ready to get his own apartment.

A walk this morning before the heat and humidity set in.
Our air condo is fixed. Now onto the dehumidifier, phones, microwave and kitchen fan! When it rains it pours!
Losing our power for 24 hours this week. It was a rather rude awakening for the kids...especially T. Bone. Instead of playing on the computer, they played games together. I read and napped. When the power went on, he was over the moon and on line in nano seconds.
Deep Woods Off!
Pretzels with cheese.
Barbara Kingsolver has a new book out.

No comments: