Saturday, May 27, 2023

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...
 
Some one on one time with my dad today. I can't remember the last time it was just the two of us. It was really nice and we both said we will do it again soon. 

Long talks with my aunt in AZ and my uncle in MI last night, and plans to visit both of them this summer. Maybe fall for Arizona because I don't do Hades heat.

Mike is home. He's way under the weather, but I'm hoping a good night's sleep in his own bed and a relaxing weekend will be curative.
 
Local butcher shops. I stopped at one today and was reminded that buying local is always better.
 
My yard. I'm a novice gardener, but I'm not giving up. I have iris blooming in a not ideal spot, my ferns are taking over and sometimes I cannot differentiate between a weed and a plant, but I get so much joy taking care of it all.
 
Iris. They remind me of my first home. The front walk was flanked with them. I cued my dad into that memory today.
 
 
These cookies taste as good as they look.
 

This girl, one of the best people I know and love.
 

These two...young love...true love.

These two...old friends...good friends.


No comments: