Friday, July 30, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

It's a beautiful 70 degree day perfect for an afternoon walk. 

Plans in place for August.

A tour of Carthage College courtesy of my college friend and her son. She's a professor and he's a student. It's a beautiful campus on the shores of Lake Michigan, but I think it may be a little small for Lils. They have 2600 students and that feels a little too much like high school for her.


 

My cousin and his wife are coming through town next week. I'm excited to see him and to meet her.

We are moving Teddy from Brooks Street to West Wash Wednesday. I pray we can get the sectional out and then in.

Our family room furniture has finally arrived. Next week we get our carpet installed and then the furniture delivered and then the fun part begins...the accents.

 I finally finished Between Two Kingdoms. I checked it out twice. Renewed each of those twice. It was a compelling read, but also a little tough given personal connections so I had to take my time.


Now I'm on a mission to finish The Last Thing He Told Me. I skipped television last night and went to bed early to read. It was wonderful and I slept like a baby.

Healthy snacks ready to grab and go. These snap peas and carrots taste like candy. Really.

This Prince and the Pea. He's always in the thick of things. One of his favorite things to do is unfold the laundry I've just folded.

 
Gus on guard of his new teepee. All cats should have teepees. The Tres Amigos love to nap in theirs's.

Happy hour with Hazel. Sweet sister is my lovable sidekick.


When Lake Michigan is in the 70s. 

Halloween is in 94 days. We'll be ready here. I am trying to show restraint with adding to our costume cache.




Room for two





No comments: