Friday, July 23, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A date to catch up with Sue last night. O. too. We covered most everything big and small and always books. Olivia and I have been twin readers this summer. Sue made a perfect one dish meal...Shrimp Kung Pao Noodles. We agreed that just about this time of the summer we start missing pasta. Craving it. She added butternut squash and zucchini noodles to the rice noodles and that was the piece de resistance.

She sent me with leftovers for lunch today. A dozen farm fresh eggs too.

Farmer's Markets. Lils and I made a day of it with my aunt on Saturday. We stocked up on fresh fruits, veggies and flowers until we literally couldn't carry any more. Lils was so excited there was a blueberry stand. I was happy to get some fresh eggs. Then we stopped for a late afternoon snack at a cute little neighborhood place. It was hopping. There were so many people out and about enjoying the perfect afternoon. We ran into our favorite neighbors despite the fact we were across town and then we saw a family from church that we have known since Lil's was a baby. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork and it's really sort of wonderful.

 

Thinking about hitting another market tomorrow and hoping they have tomatoes.

These onions. Yes, from the market and so good that alone they could have been dinner, but they were for burgers Mike cooked to perfection on the grill.

 
 Ted didn't have room for onions on his double decker.

Our Milwaukee Bucks are the champs. I'm not much of a basketball fan, but this team is class act and it was so much fun to root them on to victory. It's been great for the city too.

Dinner with friends last Saturday. Like our oldest friends who happened to marry. We don't get together the four of us as often as we used too, and yet there is an ease and comfort when we do. We all agreed that we have to make a more concerted effort. September will be at Casa Wags.

Tuesday nights. Ted and I gather to watch Below Deck. This week we curled up on my bed with all three cats. They never left. I didn't get much sleep. It was Gus's first time sleeping in bed. He even plays in his sleep.

Ted found an apartment. It's a newer 2 bedroom with a nice kitchen, laundry in the unit, walk in closets and a balcony. There's a gym on the first floor and a rooftop deck. He's moving on up. I'll be grateful when he's all moved in and situated.

My fan girl. Lils has been cheering on the Bucks at the Deer District and she just left for another Brewer's game with her co-camp counselors. I think she's having a great summer. She's spending lots of time with friends and she loves her job.

Kopps. They're known for their burgers, but Alan and I are big fans of the grilled cheese with tomatoes and extra pickles. He did get us a pint of Cream City Champs custard...the flavor of the day in honor of the big win.

Early morning walks. There's no better way to start the day.

  Life with 3 kittens. Never a dull moment.





Brotherly Love








#augustbreak2021. Clearly, I need some inspiration to take pictures of something besides my adorable cats. This Instagram challenge is one of my favorites.

And yes, it's almost August, but there's still a lot of summer left and I intend to enjoy it.

No comments: