Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Weekending

I really need a nap after all of the festivities from the past few days. There wasn't much down time. I'm out of practice with busy. I wanted to get up early today to put the house back together after last night's Father's Day celebration, but I kept hitting snooze. Poor Mike had to be on a 5:30 flight this morning. I barely remember him leaving. He's in steamy Florida for a few days. We finally had rain here. A good steady soaking deluge. The boys played poker instead of their traditional round of golf on Dad's Day, and they seemed just fine with that. Especially Teddy who changed his luck for the day by winning everyone's money. He was woken earlier at 4 am by automatic sprinklers. He and his buddy were sleeping in hammocks near the lake to catch the sunrise and sleep off their evening. He went for a quick 36 hours in Door County and had the kind of fun only an almost 21 year old would understand.

We spent quality time with all the dads in our lives over the weekend. Saturday we celebrated Dad's Day and a 57th anniversary with my in laws. It was just the four of us and that was nice and chill. They agreed to taste test my Potato Rotsi and gave me some suggestions for the next day. On the way home, we stopped at our neighbor's for the end of the Bucks game. It was the last quarter, but somehow we didn't make it home for a few hours. You know how that goes...let's just stop for one and then you're in the vortex and it's the next day.

Friday night we had dinner plans with my aunt and uncle at a family favorite Italian joint. We mixed things up ordering white instead of red and then we split 3 entrees 4 ways. The Eggplant Parm and the Sicilian Steak were the standouts. It was fun to see the design for the house they're building and to be together on the beautiful night while we still can. It won't be so easy when they move to Arizona. The night was so beautiful that Mike and I stopped at our neighborhood watering hole on the way home deciding it needed to last just a little longer. It was, perhaps, the weekend's theme.

The only picture I took all day

 

No comments: