Monday, June 7, 2021

Weekending

This weekend was a scorcher, but there was a robust breeze everyday that tempered the temperatures. Mike convinced me to go for a walk Friday evening even though it was still in the 90s. It wasn't terrible. We're in a drought here in Wisconsin so we're watering like it's late summer and the lawn is drying out by the day. I finally planted my pots. A few flowers and a few herbs. I love being able to go in the yard and snip something fresh when I need it. I went with color this year, and it does spark joy every time I look out my window.

This was Teddy's last weekend of freedom and Lily's first so they behaved accordingly, which is to say we didn't see much of them. All good. Jess joined us for a dinner on Saturday and that was a highlight of my day. I have been wanting to make my pasta with asparagus and pancetta topped with a jammy egg. That ended up being the inspiration for the dinner. Rounding out the meal was my herby focaccia, an Italian salad and hot and sweet grilled Italians. Last night Teddy made a mash up of pasta and sausage topped with three six minute eggs. I was impressed.
 
Sunday we accepted an invitation for a pool party at my in laws. It was another beautiful HOT HOT summer day. I was perfectly happy floating in the pool with an icy margarita and most grateful for my bil who tended the blazing grill. The hot wings and stuffed shrooms were a treat. I had no room for the smores bars I brought for dessert. I got just the right amount of sun. Sun kissed. It was early to bed after a pretty perfect weekend.
 
I was up early this morning with the fulfilled intention to make Teddy a hot breakfast before his first day of his virtual internship. He was appreciative of the camel's eyes. I don't really get the need to not be in person, but I don't think he minded being casual from the waist down, or keeping company with his kit kats. Lily spent her first day shopping for summer clothes. Never mind that she doesn't have room for the clothes she has. Her job starts in late June so until then she's footloose and fancy free. Amen!

I have a junior and a senior and three 11 week old kittens. I tell you, life is good and do I know it. Alleluia!

h







No comments: