Monday, September 14, 2020

On My Mind Monday

 'It's tiring to carry the weight of eternally unsaid words."

Amity Gaige

Sea Wife

I'm not a sailor, but I've grown close to this story. I tend to define my history as a series of tacking points. I understand the existential angst of the middle place. I know firsthand the legacy of  trauma. It is not foreign to me to identify first as wife and mother, not always in that order. I am full of rue and regret over life and it's choices. I'm often asking, What's next? Who do I want to be when I grow up? What do I really want? 

And because we are all living now as if marooned on an island, I can fathom life at sea. We are also experiencing close proximity, lack of privacy, boredom, and irritation. On the flip side, we're realizing strength, sticktoitness and that there is a comfort and beauty in simplicity.

I love nothing better than when the right book comes to me at the right time.


No comments: