Sunday, September 13, 2020

Weekending

 I have to say that this weekend was just what I needed: relaxing, rejuvenating, restorative. I had the house all to myself Friday night so what did I do? I poured a glass of wine and went to bed with a new book. I was asleep by 10 o'clock after 75 pages and just a couple sips. I slept straight through the night undisturbed until my alarm went off at 7:30. I took one glance out the window and texted Candace to stay in bed. It was still raining so I cancelled our walk and snuggled back in too. How I fell back to sleep, I cannot explain. It's not often I'm a 10 hour girl.

Lil came home from her sleepover and we set off for some shopping because rainy day girl's weekend...duh?. Our first stop was the orchard where we stocked up on a couple pecks of Ginger Golds. The barn was busy. Not the orchards. We plan to pick when the Honey Crisps are ripe. Next up was a TJs run. Lil scored some finds and I was happy because I found the perfect platter for the galette I planned to make for my frister. Presentation is always important. Also a new set of sheets. Sweet dreams are important too.

The rest of the day I kept busy in the kitchen. Rainy days are perfect for making and baking. I felt farmer's market inspired this weekend. I roasted all the dregs from my last run and shizhed them into a roasted veggie soup. Nothing was wasted. I can be such a proud steward of this earth. I chopped more veggies for a Ratatouille Pasta that will be tonight's dinner. I put together an extra Cheesy Egg Bake that was delivered with the galette to my friend this morning. I can only hope that she feels extra loved and cared for because she is one of the very best humans I know and love. I also made a double batch of Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Why do we ever add flour? The double batch was an excellent call. I took a plate to my bro's where Lils and I went for an impromptu dinner and game of Wizard last night, sent some home with Candace when she stopped for a quick visit, fed Lily's friends an afternoon study snack and then packaged some up for my special home delivery. It's the equivalent of giving someone a hug. We did that too though.

Lil's and I just got back from a walk through the park. Our neighbor joined us and we all enjoyed the warm, sunny afternoon. Mike's home from the cabin. She's chipping in the yard. We'll throw some Italians on the grill to go with my pasta. I love almost fall. I love Sundays.









No comments: