Friday, July 3, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A long, beautiful weekend. I cannot believe it's already the 4th of July. Time seemed to stand still during quarantine and now every day is a flash. These are still such strange times so it'll be good to head to the lake for a weekend of fun in the sun and fireworks. I have a feeling that all will feel right at Windmill Beach.

The library is open again and I have a short stack to take with me. I got right into The Book of Longings, which is no surprise. I read and loved Secret Life of Bees years ago. The Heirs will be a perfect cocktail on the beach read. And always a cookbook just for good measure.


The truth is that I'm in need of a little kitchen inspiration. Mike grilled chicken drummies, thighs and breasts on Sunday and that was dinner all week long. Mike and I had salads every night, which is perfect for summer. I've been getting the most delicious lettuce from the farmer's market. We're fans of the cobb this week. The kids were big on burrito bowls. I might just step up my game a little next week.



After work walks with my guy. It was a hot and humid week, but we still said yes to pounding the pavement and I'm always so glad when we do.

Unsolved Mysteries is back. They released new episodes on Netflix. I loved that show.

New flip flops. It's all I wear. I'm not even wearing my Birks anymore so I broke down and ordered a couple new pairs of Reefs because those are my faves.

A Starbucks stop with my girl yesterday. I'm now addicted to the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew.


Lily is enjoying her new job at the kite shop. She even had to clean the bathrooms and when I made a funny face, she said, "It wasn't so bad and I made them better." Funny thing was that she had to clean the kids bathroom last week and I had to ask her to do it again. Hmmm?



Ted is understanding that it's not easy working 9 to 5. And he's only doing it 3 days a week. But it's good training for real life.

The traveling beer garden is at our park for the next couple weeks. I don't love beer, but it'll be some place to go...something to do, and we'll probably see many familiar faces.

Mike loves his new John Deere tractor. I do have to say that the lawn looks fabulous.

America. Independence. Freedom. In spite of all of our issues, there's still no place I'd rather live.


No comments: