Sunday, July 19, 2020

Just Breathe

So yesterday ended up being a good day. Certainly much better than the day before. I purged emotional and physical toxins during a sweaty workout and then I promised a visit to the beach. It was a 90 degree day and we are in QT so our options are limited. Although, Windmill Beach is always a good option. I tried to weenie out, but Mike and Lils were not letting me off the hook. I'm grateful they didn't. We had the beach to ourselves. The water was just a little cooler than a couple weeks ago and wavy. Mike didn't think I'd be able to get in, but I actually was in faster than last time. It was another purge. The surf was bracing and the under tow strong. The thunder was almost inaudible over the sound of the surf and then we saw lightning so we headed in for a game of cards. Lils won.

We came home, took hot showers and ordered takeout from a little Italian place. It was delicious. The movie was so bad I almost went up to bed in the last few minutes, but all in all it was a good day. 

Before I turned in for the night, I received information that Ted's co-worker tested negative. This is the person who we were told was positive and the reason he needed to be tested. Then I found out that Lily's friend who was positive was also negative. I'm just so frustrated with all the misinformation. I feel like we are engaging in a game of telephone. I'm not sure where the breakdown is occurring. And now my neighbor, who according to the message his wife posted on line yesterday is positive and symptomatic with serious co-morbidity,  just walked by my house sans mask for his daily 3 miles. I'm telling you I cannot make this up! Btw she posted that to school other people about taking this seriously. This is why I always ask why? This is why I question motivation, end games, and literally everything. We keep hearing that we have to follow the science, but the science is interpreted and reported by people who have biases and agendas often beyond public health and safety.

I didn't come here to rant this morning, but when I saw my neighbor looking healthy as a horse, I lost it. And for the record, I'm grateful that he is, but either his wife, who happens to be on the school board, is lying or he is endangering the community.

Back to the beach. Breathe.


Just Breathe. 

To the beach.

 Water is wavy and almost warm.

Into the water.



Out of the water.

Summer squall.

Storm watching.

No comments: