Friday, July 24, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Lily is feeling good despite her diagnosis. 



It's been a beautiful stretch of days. She's been hanging out in her hammock in the yard. 

An open house. Fresh air. 

Movie nights. We've been watching a movie every night after dinner. Nothing really worth mentioning here.

Moonlight walks. Last night after the movie, Lily and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was cool enough to wear a pullover. We had the streets to ourselves. She asked why we don't do this more often. I said we should. We will.

Lots of late afternoon walks too.

Kitchen inspiration. I found a little this week. Yesterday I made a Chinese Chicken Salad for lunch. It was super easy and fresh. I cheated and used rotisserie chicken and a bag of slaw mix. I didn't have sriracha, so I substituted chili paste. It is a make again.


Today I slept in and made brunch.


I'm reading again. I'm halfway through The Museum of Extraordinary Things. The set-up is a little too long for my liking and current attention span. What's keeping me going are the other books in my growing stack.


Surprises. Yesterday the twins Lily is close to turned 16. One of them has Covid. They are in the same QT place we are. We Door Dashed blizzards to the family to cheer them up. It cheered us up too.

Kindness. Candace dropped off a Covid care package the other day. Fresh bread, cinnamon buns, wine and spirits lifted ours. Yesterday a neighbor delivered a batch of freshly baked brownies. We're all about eating our feelings right now.


Black Eyed Susans.


Sunset.


Showy skies.


Our resident greeter.


My side kick.


And snuggle bug.



No comments: