Friday, July 17, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Dinner with Jess last Friday. We finally were able to celebrate her birthday. It was a lovely night to enjoy the patio, steaks on the grill, a nice bottle of red. I made her favorite chocolate mousse. She came with a box full of decadent desserts. We indulged.

I connected with my uncle this week. Usually we'd be planning a road trip to visit the Michigan relatives, but not this year.

Mike received word that his job is not in jeopardy.

Mike. He installed our ceiling fan last week and I cannot believe we waited 15 years to do so. It is so lovely. Mike also did our taxes. We filed on the 15th. A little close for comfort for me, but I have no interest in doing them myself. And he made us a delicious Chinese chicken with vegetables dish for dinner one night last week.





$5 fresh bouquets on Friday.


This girl. She's on the edge of 16. Sweet 16. I am so excited for the birthday gifts I have for her this year. I put a lot of thought into making her day special. I'm getting off easy. Our plan was Hawaii for this milestone, but that's not happening right now. 


I have 15 smaller gifts and then one piece of keepsake jewelry. I'm putting together a photo book of her life and going through all the old pictures has been such a trip down memory lane.

When they play Gin together before dinner.


 Birds in the bird bath. Tigger takes birdie patrol seriously.


Netflix. Last night Mike and I watched the Squid and the Whale. It was a quality film from 2005 that neither of us had ever seen. See it.

Fridays off.



No comments: