Sunday, June 28, 2020

Grateful Sunday

Today I give thanks for...

 LOFO. Last one up last night and first one up this morning. This is how I prefer it. Knowing my family is tucked in and safe, I can enjoy a little quiet time in my sleeping house and then when I'm the earliest riser, I can greet the new day just as peacefully.

I expect the rest of the family soon. Today we have big plans to go strawberry picking and surprisingly this is Ted driven. I'd be happy to stop at the farm when we're at the lake next weekend and stock up on already picked, but my 19 1/2 year old son wants to spend time with me, so I'm up for just about anything.

We're going to the lake next weekend. It'll be the first time I've been in Lake Michigan since last fall. I'm looking forward to beach time, family time, my brother's fireworks.

I'm feeling a little excited about reading again. During quarantine, defying reason, I only made it through 2 1/2 books. Now that 1/2 book has been causing me problems so it's going back to the library. I've had it since March, and I have a new stack waiting for me that I will pack up for next weekend.

A work weekend. Mike and I helped my aunt and uncle Friday night. He moved heavy stuff. I helped clean. Being a part of the process of shedding 30 years of living in one place with lots of space has been inspiring. Yesterday we attacked the basement. We could open up a Nerf gun store. I cleared out most of the residuals from childhood, but Mike couldn't get me to budge on the bins of picture books or some of the classics like Lincoln Logs, Legos, Lily's American Dolls and Ted's Star Wars collection that once belonged to my brother. I'm going to be the fun Grandma. Then we headed out to the garage and did an impressive job in purging and organizing. Nothing feels better.

We toasted the L&L Inn one last time. It's a happysad time. This wasn't my house, but I did a lot of living in it. Their journey begins now. That's the happy. This was their plan. It's their choice. Godspeed.

We're just saying goodbye to the house...not the memories made there.




Old pictures. My aunt and I went through stacks of old pictures. I'm posting this one for Jess. Happy Birthday weekend! We will celebrate soon.


I visited the Farmer's Market last week for the first time. It's still slim pickings, but worth the stop for the early snap pea, strawberry and lettuce crops. The pint of berries never made it to the fridge.

TJ Maxx treasures. I always find something I have to have.



My day lilies are blooming right on schedule. It's always right around July 4th that they show their bright blooms. My hydrangea are also starting to flower. My front yard is presently a pretty post card.


My favorite (and Mike's) salad right now: the wedge. It's all about the dressing which I make from scratch with the herbs in my yard.

this couch hog.


Saturday night movie night. I chose. Please don't pay $19.99 to rent You Should Have Left. It had such potential and I love Kevin Bacon, but it was a total disappointment. Last week we watched The Big Sick. That was good and why I was allowed to pick again. It was also free.

Apres storm.

  

I'm on my way for a walk on this beautiful sunny day.





No comments: