Wednesday, June 3, 2020

The Way I Like It

I'm here procrastinating. I have a few things left on my quarantine list that I'm avoiding: my closet and painting the hallway. I keep putting them off, moving them to another day, finding other things to do. It's not hard. I'm a good putterer. 

It's been a weird week. I'm gearing up to officially go back to work for which I am grateful and mostly excited, but I cannot deny the fact that I also feel a tinge of grief over the end of these days. As dark as they were, they were also sacred. All of this time together has been special. Special as in rare and memorable, and there is a part of me that regrets this ending. Nothing extraordinary. Everything worthy of gratitude.

Yesterday both the kids were off with friends for the day. Mike worked at the dining room table and I spent a couple hours at the office. I'm easing back into the working world. I picked up lunch for the two of us, a rarity during these times,  and then I watched a couple episodes of a new show before motivating for a workout. Mike went for a run. Lily came home sun kissed. Ted was sun burned. They were both hungry. He offered to get started on dinner while I showered. His taco meat was delicious and his guacamole quite good btw. We gathered around the island to play a game of Catan. Mike took first for the first time. I was in my usual last. A storm rolled in booming and bright, and we were all safe at home for the night. And that's just the way I like it. 

No comments: