Friday, June 5, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A full last week of quarantine. I'm going back to work feeling like I made mostly good use of this time. A few projects, lots of family dinners and games, too many walks on the river trails to count. I'm caught up on sleep, I'm without a show to binge, I'm sick of cooking. It's time.

Our first shopping excursion aside from the grocery store. Lily and I went shopping for a new long board. It's her transportation and her entertainment this summer. She tried them all out and made a good choice.




Etsy. It's replaced my TJ Maxx fix. I browse and always find something I want. That being said, TJ is open now! Lils and I stood in line the other night, but it wasn't moving and the store was close to closing so we left. We'll probably go this weekend.


Patio herbs.


The stairs are all primed. They already look great. I cannot wait to see how they look once they are painted. I'm already questioning why we waited so long (15 years) to make such a small big change. Mike doesn't like hearing this because, of course, it means more projects.

The kids spent 24 hours at Windmill Beach with their aunt and uncle. The house was so quiet. I missed them. They swam in the 55 degree lake after doing yard work on the 90 degree day.

Mike and I had a movie night. Popcorn and Uncut Gems. The kids watched the same movie at the lake.

 Since Ted has been home, I've noticed that they seem closer. Sweeter to one another. That makes my mama heart swell.

Today is Lily's last day of school. She's a junior now!

She started behind the wheel this week. She should have her license before school starts.

Getting my car detailed. It was worth every single penny!

This sweet bouquet from my frister is still looking good and making me smile a week later.


Tigger is a real mama's boy lately. He follows me around like a puppy. He loves it best when we retire for an afternoon nap in my bed.



Twice baked sweet potatoes. I used Ina's recipe, but substituted the tallegio with fontina and went light on the thyme because a little goes a long way.


New orchids.


A showy storm this week. This morning I stayed in bed listening to the thunder and ignoring my snooze. Tigger approved.

Cotton candy clouds.



Peaceful protests.

We survived and even thrived during another week of quarantine.


No comments: