Friday, January 20, 2023

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Meryl gave Ted a journal and he's using it. Journaling is such a profound practice and I am happy he is taking it up. I think this is the perfect time for me to write a final post in the journal I keep for him. I mean journals...he has a library spanning his lifetime. It's time for him to keep his own history and tell his own stories.

The head Lily has on her shoulders. She is so tuned in to herself and to others.


Transitions. Solo end of day walks in the brisk evening air. Walks instead of naps. I love my naps, but this week I only took one because I have been going to bed earlier and making better use of my evenings.


A date with my aunt last Friday. She brought the Mama Mia's and I got the wine. We stayed up until the wee hours because she's moving west soon.

A week together somewhere warm in March before her big move.

A lunch date with Candace Monday. MLK Day, just like old times. Mike and Jess joined us for bar food and beers.

Movie nights. Game nights. Girl's nights. Family dinner. 


last night I whipped up a super simple, surprisingly delicious Tomato Chicken and Orzo soup that will become part of the regular rotation.

Everything in moderation. A life in balance responsible for avoiding the post-holiday slump.

Sumo orange season.

Webb Lake August 2023. We have our usual week reserved for a family vacation at summer's end.

Time to de-Christmas this weekend.


 And to get ready for Mexico.





No comments: