Friday, August 14, 2020

ParTAY!

This time last week we were waiting for Lily to come home from lunch with friends so we could surprise her for her birthday. Mike and I decorated the house while she was out.We hosted just a small family celebration and it was just perfect. She was happily surprised, excited to have a Qdoba buffet and Baskin Robbins cake, and spoiled sweet with thoughtful bouquets and gifts. I know she felt the love. That is always what I want for my special girl.

I was so excited to give her gifts: 16...one for each year. I had too much fun picking out things I knew she would love. Little things like a personalized St Christopher key chain, a bottle of sassy blue nail polish, and a hot pink golf glove. Fun things like a succulent candle and a new bright orange Hydro flask. Thoughtful things like a book of pictures of her life, which was a fam fave, and unexpected things like a necklace in every girl's favorite little blue box. That was the last gift of 16. We got off pretty easy because she wanted a trip to Hawaii.

Qdoba is her favorite and catering is mine. I was so impressed with them. I will definitely do this again for a party. No muss, no fuss. It was affordable, easy and quite delicious.

We actually sang Happy Birthday in key before midnight. That was a first. It was one of my favorite parties ever. And although we were missing a few loved ones, it was so good to be together with those who could join us to honor this lovely young lady.

Lily's always lukewarm on big parties and being the center of attention. This year she doesn't have to worry about that, but I'm still planning a Windmill Beach day with a few of her friends before summer's end. It will be more a back to school beach day rather than a birthday beach day. I will probably get another cake though.

Here are pictures of the big day.
































No comments: