Monday, August 31, 2015

On My Mind Monday


Photographs economize the truth: they are always moments more or less illusorily abducted from time's continuum.

Sally Mann
Hold Still

Today was the last day of summer vacation.  We spent the day at the beach simultaneously celebrating and lamenting.  This summer was a blink, a flash, a flutter.  The shore was shrouded in fog when we arrived and the air still waiting to warm up.  It never really did.  Lake Michigan was a balmy 62 degrees, but that didn't stop my little water sprite.  She was the first one in and the last one out aka FILO.  That's pure chutzpah as far as I'm concerned.  I sat with my toes dug deep into the warm sand reading my book and taking pictures because the truth is life is short and the photographs help me connect the dots that occur in endless perpetuity.