Friday, October 22, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Dinner with my guy last night to celebrate our anniversary. A quarter century plus one. We decided on a low-key Italian place that we both love. It was a good choice. So was marrying him.


 A bouquet of red roses and a special bottle of pinot for the occasion.


Another good book. I finished Paper Palace last week. I liked it until the end when I reflected on the static characters and the tragedies the novel made light of. Now I'm onto Not a Happy Family and hoping that one of the 20 books I have requested from the library comes in so I can keep this momentum going.

A date to see Hamilton with Lil's last Sunday. It was WOW. Even though I think I was more blown away the first time I saw the show, I got the chills several times during the first number, several times throughout and cried at the end. Lils LOVED it too.

I'm feeling good about my decision to buy season tickets this year. It is such a treat to share my love of theatre with my daughter. It's quality mother daughter time. We love our seats in the side loge. We didn't have to wait for the bathroom at intermission or parking lot traffic after the show because we were able to get right up and out.

Teddy was offered two different summer internships with accounting firms in Chicago this summer. I'm proud of him for all of his hard work and tenacity. He's taking his future very seriously.

Lils is too. She's in the thick of essay writing for college aps. I'm blessed to watch them bloom and fly. 


Yard work after work. Twice this week, we got busy in the yard before dinner. The weather was gorgeous so we did some transplanting and fall clean up.

And it finally feels like fall the past couple days. It's time.

Finn our funny guy. He is entertaining. He's a little chirper, he has serious hops and while he's a little shy with strangers, when he warms up, he's the biggest lover. He likes Lils room. He curls up on her fuzzy blanket or on her furry rug in the sun. He also loves watching Bob, Lils' frog.


Our resident honey...Hazel. Sister likes to talk and to snuggle all night long. She is so minky...fur like silk. Her favorite spot right now is a little cave in the cat condo. She loves to munch on plants and flowers. Her favorite toys are balls and furry mice. She actually plays fetch.
 


And then there's Gus who is as precious as he is precocious. He has more energy than the other two and is constantly on the go. He loves to play with everything and anything all the time. Right now he is into bottle caps. He cannot resist the urge to get on the counters even when threatened with the spray bottle. His favorite spot is on Dad's lap.

 
 
Throwbacks to when they were tiny. 


 
And one of Ted too with his first furface, Tigger. 

 
Finding a little kitchen inspiration this week. This potato leek soup was a definite make again.





No comments: