Friday, February 21, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

I'm not going to lie. I'm celebrating that this week is over and also the fact that shitty things happened and I felt like crap, but I survived thanks to a flexible work schedule, a self-sufficient daughter, Netflix, tuna casserole and Benadryl.

I showed up at the salon for a haircut this afternoon and Kathy looked like she saw a ghost. My appointment is next week. That right there defines the week I've had. The bright spot was that I had time for a much needed nap.

I answered the door tonight. We often ignore the doorbell when we aren't expecting anyone. I was just post nap with bed head and in comfies, but something told me to answer the door. It was an old friend who stopped by to see Mike, but he stayed for a visit with me. We caught up, reminisced, talked about a date for the near future. It was a nice. He's one of my oldest friends too. The best man in our wedding. Married to one of my oldest friends.

The boys are home.

Well, actually they are at the club working out right now. They both arrived home tonight and are enjoying a little father son time.

Tig's taken over Ted's bed. It's his go to spot right now.


Tomorrow night is The Windmill Beach 3rd Annual Winter Olympics. I'm looking forward to a little tradition and time out of time.

My friend's second surgery in a week went very well today. He is now on the road to recovery.

My iphone is fixed.

Making pie crust. It's so intentional. And worth it.


Take a look at this beaut.  









Cooking with my valentine. 


A boy and his banana. It's stuffed with catnip, of course.


Fresh squeezed orange juice.



Yacht Rock. Tonight it's Kathy's playlist.

A long overdue catch up call with my uncle this week.

This debate night dinner. It's the only meal I cooked all week. Lily and I tuned in to watch the row. It was wildly entertaining.


My new cuppa.


This stack. It was a challenge to read this week with my ailments and so I really didn't. But I finally picked up All This Could Be Yours yesterday and got right in. It's just what I was in the mood for. 


It actually felt like winter this week. I wore all my wool sweaters and socks. This weekend will be unseasonably warm and then winter and snow return next week. It's all good. That being said I did have a momentary longing for open windows and birdsong and dinners al fresco.








No comments: