Friday, April 19, 2019

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The day off today. Time together to take care of things for our Easter celebration Sunday.

We're hosting the families this year for a brunch. I'm looking forward to being together on what is forecasted to be a beautiful almost 70 degree day. I'm ignoring the cooler by the lake warnings.

The sun is shining this morning. After a gray, rainy week, I'm ready for a little light. The grass is green and the shoots are springing from the ground.

Dinner with girlfriends last night. We met at a pizza joint for dinner and drinks. I haven't had pizza since the start of Lent. It was such a treat. It was also a welcome night of conversation and catching up in the most pleasant of ways.

Ted had a golf meet Wednesday and Thursday at Whistling Straits and the Black Wolf Run Championship course. The weather wasn't ideal as is often the case in April in Wisconsin, but he shot well...88 and 78. He's at a golf lesson now.

Lily's games were all cancelled due to weather so they practiced instead. She also had extra time to make her 3D DNA model. Peanut and I were impressed.



I finished The Last Romantics this week. It was the first novel I've read in quite a long time where at the end I felt satisfied. I enjoyed the story, related to the characters, got a nugget or two about life which is to say I dogeared a few pages, I thought the writing was smart and that the ending was enough. I said as much on Instagram and Tara Conklin thanked me herself. I felt a little giddy.



This is one:

"I felt an ache not of nostalgia or grief but something between the two."

Next up is Sold on a Monday. It's our May book club selection. I've had my fill of historical fiction, but I'll give it the old college try.

A little birthday celebration for the boss this week. We had fruit instead of cake as most of us are on health kicks. He absolutely loved his Titleist Badger hat...wore it all day.



I'm off shortly to take Peanut to the vet. He's down to 12.5 pounds. He was 15 in the fall. I'm a little nervous, but also hopeful that we'll get some answers and treatment options as he still has a healthy appetite and the sweetest disposition so I have to think it's something metabolic and thus treatable. I honestly cannot even entertain anything else. He's sitting next to me right now. He's my buddy. My babycat.

Her babycat.






No comments: