Sunday, August 5, 2018

Right Here. Right Now.

After an emotional roller coaster of a week, the seven day stretch ended on a high note. We spent the steamy day at Windmill Beach mostly in the water under an opaque sky. It was exactly what I needed. The day was both cleanse and celebration. There was good cause to purify and glorify.




Before gloaming I went in for one last swim. The water was calling. My sil and I actually ran in like the giddy little girls we once were. We ran in and under without pause. We swam to the second sand bar for the second time of the day. I've not gone out that far in the three years we've been coming to this special place. Yesterday I made that swim twice. Never say never. Sometimes I even surprise myself. The beach seemed so far away. It's easy to feel alone in the vastness of the water...in life. As I floated on the gentle ebb and flow of the waves, I watched the sea gulls come in for the night. It's a nightly migration. Their ritual reminds me of the traditions that make me feel safe and secure. Sure. As in certain. This is who I am. This is what I do. This is where I am. Right here. Right now. It's a fine place to be.

No comments: