Monday, August 13, 2018

On My Mind Monday



Being enough has nothing to do with our achievements and everything to do with our qualities.

~ Katrina Kenison

These words came to me at the right time. I've been in an extended period of deep personal reflection. Things are still in flux for me. Many things. Major flux. I don't like uncertainty or change or mutability, and yet I feel a sense of peace I haven't known in years. I cannot explain it. It's like blind faith. I have trust that I am on the right path despite the fact that I don't know where it is going to take me. I'm not looking back longingly.

I cannot explain the reason I woke from a deep sleep at 3:15 this morning. Worries, regrets and fears are heaviest in the dark, quiet house. This is a drill most of us know. I stayed prone waiting to feel their weight, but I was unburdened.

When sleep remained elusive, I decided it was a fine time to finish the last section of There There simply because I could. I went on to start Educated as well. It wasn't long before I was losing words...succumbing to sleepiness. 

I wasn't quick to stir this morning and I wanted to go straight to the coffee, but I'm here with my lemon water and a mostly clear head. I'll head out soon for a trail walk. The rest of today will be filled with things I want to do and things I have to do, and the undercurrent of it all will be gratitude for where I am and patience for where I'm going.


No comments: