Friday, March 9, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Time. I've been sick this week. Like stay in my pjs and under an afghan all day kind of sick. Aches, chills, ridiculous sneezing fits, a horrendous cough and a box of Kleenex a day runny nose. I was able to not do. I was able to practice self-care. I'm still not feeling great, but things are slowly getting better.

I'm beyond grateful that Lily was in good health for her trip to DC. I don't think it would have been much fun if she felt at all the way that I do and she started to.

She's having a blast in the capitol with her classmates. This is a whirlwind 3 day/3 night tour that has them going from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. She's been sending me pictures and messages, but I'm anxious to hear all about it when she gets home tonight. Or more likely tomorrow. I expect her to be exhausted tonight. She was most excited to lay the wreath on the Tomb of the Unknowns. She was one of four selected to have the honor. She wrote a compelling essay about why she wanted to have the opportunity. 

Crunchy peanut butter on wheat toast with honey. It was the only thing I wanted to eat.

My appetite and ambition are returning. I just made the menu for next week at Casa Wags. A few family favorites like tacos and spaghetti and a new beef and broccoli stir fry that I think everyone will approve of are the plan. Corned beef too because St. Pat's is on Saturday.

Shamrocks.

I accepted a job. I'm conflicted because I know it won't be long-term unless something really changes, but I'm thinking it may be perfect to get me through the summer after which I can work on finding something full-time and permanent. It will allow me to have flexibility for my kids this summer and that's important. 

An impromptu gathering at my in-laws last Saturday. They've been in Florida for a stretch so it was good to welcome them home and catch up.

No comments: