Friday, March 2, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Meeting my friend for breakfast last week and staying until lunch. We could've talked straight through dinner.

I suggested a place in between, but she wanted to come down to my side of town our old stomping grounds.

Authenticity, honesty, kindness and connection.

The safety of being in the company of people who know you and get you and love you.

Changing things up. I've been working in the kitchen where I have lots of space to spread out. This guy is my constant companion.

We don't normally have blankets at the kitchen table.

The music from The Adam's Family, but especially One Normal Night and Full Disclosure. Also Pulled sung by our Wednesday Cate whose voice and stage presence never cease to amaze us. 

A ladies lunch to celebrate the February girls. La Reve is always a treat.

The desserts were delicious...especially the one in the middle.

Bringing home one for Ted who texted me during lunch to tell me he destroyed the ACT that day.


He's a raspberry guy.

Sending the birthday girls home with fresh flowers.

Looks like spring.

Waiting for your turn with only a hint of stink eye. My boys love to be brushed.

Mike is their preferred groomer.

They also love to watch the squirrels.

 Eating apples.

A stack of new reads waiting for me at the library.


I started with The Immortalists and blew through it in a couple days. I was a big fan of the sibling story that dealt with themes of mortality and destiny. It was well-written and thought provoking. 

I didn't want it to end, but also couldn't wait to see how it would turn out.

8th grade portraits.

This captures her beautifully.

This moon.

Full.

No comments: